Catch a falling Star!


Making pretty stars!

What I love about stars are they great items to make all year around as they can be used in many different projects, they can be used on cards, made into badges, used in mixed media projects or even made into a fairy's wand! 

To make the magical stars like above you will need. 
MDF or wooden star shapes. 
Inks (Tim Holtz) or mixture of metallic paints
Nuvo drops(or similar) 
Sculpting paste and sculpting tool I used a toothpick. 
Glitter. 
Plus any other 'bling' you fancy adding. 

To decorate firstly I smoothed any rough surfaces with some sandpaper. To be honest these wood shapes from Hobbycraft were ready to decorate but I find a little sand helps adhesion. I then applied a blob*of pebeo modeling paste directly onto the wooden surface. Using a toothpick I made rough patterns. I then added (randomly) Tonic Studios Nuvo drops and little pinches of glitter. I left them all a full day to dry/set. 

Once dry to colour them I used various Tim Holtz Distress Oxide sprays and drops of water to blend and add speckles. Little tip put some nice paper underneath when spraying you can then capture all those oversprays! Makes for great die cutting paper! Waste not want not! 😉

Now your stars are ready for using in your craft projects. 

You can make a little 3d scene. 

Use in a Witchypoo scene! 

Use them to decorate a wreath.
People tend to think of wreaths at Christmas but you can make a wreath all year for different seasons and occasions. 
Try adding seasonal items such as hearts for Valentine's, or Eggs for Easter. 


Popular Posts