Having fun colouring mulberry flowers with inks.


Having fun colouring mulberry flowers with inks. 



I bought some Mulberry flowers from Hobbycraft and using various Tim Holtz Distressed Oxide spray inks I am adding my own colours. It's a great way to make distressed and grunged flowers for Halloween or Steampunk projects. I like to make batches of flowers to keep in my stash for future projects. I spray one side using two or three different colours and leave to dry. I then turn them over the repeat the process. Then when dry I reshape the petals with a small metal flower forming ball tool which you can easily buy at most craft shops. If you are not a fan of grunge try delicate pastels or glitters.


I have glued some of the finished mulberry flowers onto a Witches hat. To add some extra sparkle✨I painted some copper paint around edges of the petals.

Witches hat is a mdf shape from Calico Craft Parts. 

Popular Posts