May Day blessing, Beltane, Maypoles and May Queens

 



May day blessings to you all! I wish you all a wonderful Beltane. 

I remember going to quite a few May Day fairs as a child usually on the nearest Monday to May the 1st, Bank Holiday. Fairs varied from local Church fates with tombola, nic nac and homemade knitted toy stalls and sales of homemade cakes to more elaborate 'pagan' festivals with a May Queen, Morris Dancing and May Pole dancers. I did try May Pole dancing once as a child but it wasn't my finest moment. Somehow I managed to get in a bit of a tangle and attached to the pole plaited in ribbons! 😂 

I found lots of lovely May Day images whilst surfing around so popped them here for you to enjoy also. I don't know a lot of the stories about the particular images or photos but here are some links to interesting articles about May Day celebrations. 






I think I would still end up plaited in ribbons! 

















Popular Posts